This 15-day San Pedro Cactus and Ayahuasca Retreat program is an intense healing experience, taking place at Kawsay Ayahuasca Retreat. It consists of 8-Ayahuasca ceremonies and 1-San Pedro ceremony, also known as a Huachuma ceremony. This retreat is a combination of the 8-day and 7-day ayahuasca retreats, most people go through a very deep transformation from this program. The higher number of Ayahuasca ceremonies is excellent for a much more profound purging, healing, and awakening process. The first four Ayahuasca ceremonies will use the Ayahuasca brew with the addition of the heart-opening medicine Bobinsana. The Ayahuasca ceremonies will be conducted by Banco Don Romulo Ayahuascero, Don Winister Maestro Ayahuascero, and Don Winister Junior. Many times, people comment that they could not imagine going through the Ayahuasca ceremonies without also experiencing the Huachuma ceremony. Many even claim that they receive deeper healing from the Huachuma ceremony. This ceremony serves as a crucial component of the program, offering grounding and positive healing through the guidance of San Pedro Cactus, also known as Grandfather Huachuma.
15-Day Ayahuasca Retreat
1-San Pedro Cactus Ceremony
Lodging, Details & Booking
15-Day Ayahuasca & San Pedro Cactus Retreats
15-Day Ayahuasca Retreats with San Pedro Cactus
8-Ayahuasca Ceremonies & 1- San Pedro Cactus Ceremony
15-Day Ayahuasca Retreats with San Pedro Cactus
8-Ayahuasca Ceremonies & 1- San Pedro Cactus Ceremony
|Dates||Availability||Book my retreat|
|January 13 - 27, 2024||Space Avilable||Book my retreat|
|February 3 - 17, 2024||Space Avilable||Book my retreat|
|March 9 - 23, 2024||Space Avilable||Book my retreat|
|April 6 - 20, 2024||Space Avilable||Book my retreat|
|May 11 - 25, 2024||Space Avilable||Book my retreat|
|June 1 - 15, 2024||Space Avilable||Book my retreat|
|July 13 - 27, 2024||Space Avilable||Book my retreat|
|August 3 - 17, 2024||Space Avilable||Book my retreat|
|October 5 - 19, 2024||Space Avilable||Book my retreat|
|November 8 - 23, 2024||Space Avilable||Book my retreat|
|December 7 - 21, 2024||Space Avilable||Book my retreat|
Other Ayahuasca Retreat & San Pedro Ceremony Programs
1-San Pedro ceremony
Excursions at Kawsay Ayahuasca
Amazon River & Tributaries
When arriving and departing from Kawsay Ayahuasca Retreat Center and during our excursions, you will have the opportunity to experience traveling on the mighty Amazon Rivier and its tributaries. The nature of the amazon is a true paradise. There are always opportunities to see many species of birds, trees, and plants.
Island of the Monkeys
Island of the monkeys is a rescue center for orphaned or abandoned monkeys. Visiting the Island of the Monkeys is one of the highlights of your journey with us. Several species of monkeys run free, which you will be able to play with and cuddle. In addition, there is also a resident Macaw or two you will have the opportunity to hold.
The Serpentarioum is an exciting excursion we do from Kawsay Ayahuasca Retreat Center. If you are brave enough, you will have the opportunity to hold the largest snake species on our planet, the Anaconda. If the Anaconda is not quite your speed, then the resident sloth you can hold and cuddle with might be just what you need. There are also other exotic Amazonionian animals to visit while you are there.
Visit the Indigenous Yagua People
Our Excursion to the Yuagua Indians is an absolute joy! First, you will be introduced to the Chief, the father, grandfather, and great grandfather, to most of the tribe of this particular village. Next, you will be introduced to traditional music and join in dancing with them. Later you will have the opportunity to practice hitting a target with their traditional hunting blowgun. Bring a little change with you if you would like to buy some of their handicrafts.
The Grandfather Lupuna Tree
The great Grandfather Lupuna Tree towers over our beautiful lodge. You will visit the Lupuna tree together or by yourself if you choose. The shamans state that it is a very magical tree, and if you are sensitive to energies, you can feel the tremendous power of this ancient tree. They say the Lupuna tree is akin to the shamanic world tree, its roots reaching the underworld, its trunk the middle world, and its branches the heavens.
Canoeing in the Amazon Jungle
We get a nice treat during April and May to canoe through the flooded Amazon Jungle during the high water season. There are so many amazing sights to see on this journey, and it is a favorite to many. It is rare to have this opportunity as most in the world never get to go deep into the jungle with a canoe—another piece of the magic of Kawsay.
“As many of you may know, your first experience can be pretty challenging, but also illuminating. First, I must say that the staff and particularly the Shamans at Kawsay, were outstanding. To put it succinctly, these folks are the “real deal”. I was amazed at the amount of personal interaction we had with them.” – Ted D. – UK
What’s included in this 15-Day ayahuasca retreat program
- 8-Ayahuasca with Bobinsana & 1-San Pedro Ceremony with Trunco Don Romulo and Maestro Don Winister and William Menech.
- Personal shamanic treatments during the Ayahuasca ceremonies for your specific emotional, mental and spiritual issues.
- Meetings to discuss and help translate your issues and visions with the shamans and a transcultural translator.
- 2-vapor bath with specific plants to remove cold from your bones and help expel pain from your joints.
- 6-healing plant baths to clean the energy of your body of heavy energies.
- 2-Bano de Florecimiento which is to help clean the energy of the body in relation to life and love, Spiritual flowering.
- 6-Pulsario treatments You will be checked by the shamans for emotional energy trapped in the body in the stomach area and this will be worked on to be removed.
- Any other specific treatments that are necessary for you.
- Excursion to visit Island of the Monkeys a 450-hectare refuge and rescue center dedicated to the rescue, rehabilitation, and release of New World monkeys. Learn about the project’s devotion to animal freedom and care, and visit and learn about over seven kinds of monkeys in their natural habitat, including Woolly, Howler, Capuchin, Titi, Saki, Pygmy Marmoset, and Tamarin monkeys. You can interact and play with these beautiful beings while observing their healthy development in the sanctuary. The Island of Monkeys is a favorite place for our guests, providing a unique look into the lives of these rescued animals and the efforts made to nurture them back to the wild.
- Excursion to visit a small Yuagua indigenous natives who will greet you dressed in their traditional clothing. Upon arrival, you will be treated a traditional dance and song performance, with an offer to join in the dance. You will be able to try out the Yagua’s traditional hunting tool, a blowgun, and majority will be successful in hitting the target, a basic wooden pole, demonstrating the effectiveness of this indigenous hunting device. Then finally, explore a selection of handcrafted products and jewelry for purchase, allowing you to take a piece of Yagua artistry home with you if you choose.
- Excursion to the giant Lupuna tree which is a medicine tree the shamans learn from.
- Excursion to the Serpentarium in the Village San Juan You will be able to visit and interact with really cute sloths that you’ll be able to cuddle with and hold, several Amazonian parrots, as well as unusual aquatic and land turtles such as the ancient-looking alligator turtle, also the highlight for most being able to hold a live anaconda.
- Excursion to Fundo Pedrito de Barrio Florido an animal sanctuary. Discover the largest freshwater fish in the world, the ancient paiche, a prehistoric fish that can breathe air, as well as enormous Paco fish, Charapita turtles, water turtles, a variety of parrots, a capybara, and both black and white caimans, as well as many other Amazonian fish. You will be able to feed most of the animals. This excursion provides a rare view into the rich tapestry of Amazonian flora and fauna, allowing you to interact with and experience the region’s diverse biodiversity.
- Excursion to the Murui tribe in Village Bario de Florida You will begin with a jungle walk and a warm welcome from the tribe dressed in their traditional attire. During the post-ayahuasca diet period and before to the San Pedro Cactus ceremony, you will be able to enjoy a variety of seasonal Amazonian fruits such as cidra, caimito, charichuelo, papaya, sugar cane, guba, macambo, and cacau. Swim in the lake, which is fed by a stream, and enjoy seven traditional dances and songs in the tribe’s native language, at times the younger members of the tribe will sing a song about the sun and birds. Everybody usually is so happy to visit these traditional people and return to the lodge extremely happy.
- If time and weather permit, a boat trip to the Amazon River to watch the sunset and look for pink dolphins.
- All boat transportation to and from Iquitos, the retreat center and back to Iquitos. All Transportation to and from the excursions.
Lodging and Meals:
- All lodging at Kawsay Retreat Center a Jungle Hotel & Lodge
- All meals at our retreat center are provided for you which we serve for omnivore, vegetarian and vegan diets.
- Sometimes a few of the excursions are not possible if there are bad weather conditions or Amazon River water levels are too low for the boat to reach the destinations.
Lodging that is provided at our Ayahuasca Retreat
- Our tambos are large, spacious and very comfortable, you will feel at home.
- You will have your own bathroom and shower in your room. The bathrooms are tiled.
- Open with plenty of ventilation and views of the jungle.
- Completely sealed with wood and screens for the prevention of mosquito entry.
- Electricity and lighting.
- Comfortable mattresses and bedding.
- Rooms are locked and you are provided a key.
- We have Star-Link internet available at the lodge.
- Every room has a hammock within.
- Some rooms have private balconies overlooking the jungle.
“I went to Kawsay alone, and I didn’t really know what to expect. Last year, I attended a 5-day Ayahuasca retreat near Cusco, and I thought this experience would be similar. This experience at Kawsay was exponentially different. From my experience and hearing those of my friends – many retreat centers only focus on the ceremonies. Yet, at Kawsay, the healing is holistic. William the owner is extremely knowledgable and ensures you feel safe, comfortable, and heard.
At each ceremony, I gained a deeper and better understanding of my path and why I’m on it. I learned that self-love is the key to all love and realized that’s why we are here. We’re here to connect. Additionally, gained so much more clarity in regards to my business.
It’s been wild since the retreat. There’s been a fluidity to life that I’ve never experienced before. Things just seem to fall into to place.
- My anxiety and nervousness are almost non-existent.
- I smile even more
- I am having better connections with my friends and people around me
- I feel more focused
- I am 10% happier
- If you’re looking for a place where real healing happens, book a retreat with Kawsay. I cannot recommend Kawsay any more highly.” Danielle – Toronto, Canada